Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What I Read - Rumo

Back in the Fall, I picked up The 13 and 1/2 lives of Captain Bluebear, since I was working my way up to the third book by Walter Moers, The City of Dreaming Books.  While I thought it was a good book, it was totally blown away by the second book set in Zamonia, Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures.  This books is sort of a prequel, but sort of not, since it uses a few characters from the first book, but with slightly different characterizations.  And it is awesome.  If you only read one book by Walter Moer, this is the one to read.  It all flows together so well, and I literally could not stop reading it once the story reached a certain point.  
Basically, it's the story of Rumo, a Wolperting who ends up saving his kind from being enslaved in Hell, but there's so much more to the story than that.  You'll just have to read it to find out.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments: