Monday, August 30, 2010

Answers from The Zany Bishojo Evalana

Max Jordan asks "We know about your like of My Little Pony, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and Sushi Pack. What are some other cartoons you like?"
 I do tend to watch more shows than I blog about, cartoon or not.  I'm really not a regular viewer of any particular series right now, but I do always try to catch Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, and WordGirl when I see they're on.  There was a time (i.e. two years ago) when I was kinda into Wow Wow Wubzy, and I almost made a blog post about it, but my interest in it passed.  The main thing I wanted to point out about it was that Walden's voice actor also did Rocko of Rocko's Modern Life, back in the day.  And about a year ago I found out that he was the voice of Bobbi Fabulous in the Phineas and Ferb episode "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together."
Generally, when I get into a cartoon, it's due to good voice acting, good writing, or both.  I don't care as much about what it looks like, though that must play a little bit of a part, because that's why I've had such a love-hate relationship with the 2003 SSC cartoon, which not only had neither good writing nor good voice acting, but had animation that looked enough off from the official art to make me feel ripped off (even though I was only renting the DVDs).  Granted, as the series went on, all three factors managed to improve, but still.  What I'm really trying to say is that for me, good writing can make up for lackluster voice work and vice versa.  But the shows that keep me coming generally have both.

No comments: