Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nick and Norah's Infinite Puppet Show

This past weekend I got around to watching Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, which I put in my queue not because I'd read the book, but rather because I saw the guy who co-wrote it, David Levithan (which I wrote about during the writing meme).  The movie was pretty good, though I only knew one song in it ("After Hours" by We Are Scientists), plus it had a stealth cameo by Andy Samberg.  I ended up watching it three times over, since there were two commentary tracks, one with the director and some of the actors, and the other with the director, the original authors, and the screenwriter.  I enjoyed both commentaries, though I liked the writer one a little bit better, not just because it had more tidbits about the actual story (always my favorite thing in commentaries), but because it had a lot less "it was so cold in this scene" comments.
The real point of this post, though, is to link to a video of one of the special features, a 4-minute puppet version of the movie with 20% more bear attacks:

Seriously, I love this thing.  Still makes me laugh each time I watch it.

No comments: