Sunday, June 13, 2010

2010 Tony Awards

  • Gotta admit, I'm not really looking forward to the Tonys this year.
  • Who's the other guy?
  • Who are all these guys? And who is Sean Hayes, anyway?
  • I'm so clueless about this season ('cause it's not that interesting). Ah, they were from Memphis (the musical)
  • Oh, he was on Will and Grace. Sadly the only thing I know him from is Igor (he was Brain) 
  • Awesome as Kristin Chenoweth is, I'm still annoyed with adding "Say a Little Prayer" (among other songs) to Promises, Promises
  •  What's with the dresses those girls flanking Sherie Renee Scott are wearing?
  • (Cool song, though)
  • I mean, seriously, I have no interest in most of what I've seen in this overview of the season 
  • Why, hi there, Green Day. Whatcha gonna play?
  •  Kinda sorry I'm not watching this with my mom. I wonder what she would think of this? 
  • Not really a Green Day fan. Wasn't one song enough? Must be in their contract, or the Tonys are hurting for stuff this year. 
  • Matthew Morrison's headshot is terrible. He looks hungover. 
  • Man, now I really wish Mom were here. Was that kiss really necessary? 
  • World Cup of Showtunes, huh? 
  • Hey, Christopher Walken! 
  • I don't really care about the plays. Just saying. 
  • Never even heard of this Million Dollar Quartet show 
  • Not really my thing, I guess. Not that crazy about jukebox musicals in general. 
  • As far as I can tell, Ricky Martin was in Les Mis around 1996 
  • My husband is a bit distressed by what he considers non-Broadway actors showing up as presenters. 
  • But he is not really a Broadwayphile, so I don't put too much stock in his distress. 
  • Had to explain what La Cage Au Folles was to my husband, who didn't realize it involved crossdressing. 
  • I have heard that this revival of La Cage Aux Folles is better than the last one, so Best Director makes sense. 
  • My husband has taken to shouting out the names of the people that he actually knows, for some reason. 
  •  "...the younger, hotter, one..." XD (from Next Fall's description) 
  • Is Eddy Redmain supposed to look hat blank? Is that his character? 
  • What is with that beard, David Hyde Pierce? 
  • A blog I read said Katie Finneran was the only good thing in Promises, Promises, so there you go then 
  • Her chin is super-shiny, though. 
  • Well, the Memphis number looks fun, but it doesn't really make me want to go see the show. 
  • Man, Kristin's legs are so skinny.... they look terrible. 
  • Man that guy (Levi Kreis)'s hair is so weird. (One quick trip to IBDB), ah, he plays Jerry Lee Lewis, that explains it. 
  • What is up with your inflections, Catherine Zeta Jones? Why couldn't they have done an ensemble piece? Now/Soon/Later would have been cool 
  • But then again, it has not CZJ, so that puts it out, I guess. Why not The Glamorous Life? That would be way more awesome 
  • Is it because the shows are already closed, is that why only one person comes and sings? That must be it. 
  • Not that Christine Noll isn't cool, but I remember when Ragtime was on Broadway the first time.... 
  • A Stupid Statment Dance Mix of the plays? I'm not sure if that's weird or really cool. 
  • I'll link to it when someone uploads it on youtube 
  • I just don't like Sean Hayes as host. He isn't very funny. But yay, Bernadette Peters shoutout. 
  • Fela's number, while active to be sure, just isn't doing it for me. 
  • My sister would probably like Come Fly Away. She's a fan of Sinatra. 
  • Yay, Promises, Promises time 
  • Be a montage of songs, please 
  • Does this happen in the actual show? All this chair circling over instrumentals? 
  • Ah, no wonder the Fela part was so energetic, if that guy (Bill T. Jones?) also did the Spring Awakening choreography. 
  • Is Kate Blanchett wearing a plastic suit? Whatever it is, it's weird. 
  • Yay, the Glee part! 
  • Hey, Lea Michelle already sang this on Glee. I want to hear something new! Matthew Morrison didn't rehash, so what's up with this? 
  • Maybe it was a Jule Styne tribute? 
  • Okay, the Spiderman-singing-Don't-Rain-On-My-Parade thing was kind of funny 
  • I would have liked to see a performance from Finian's Rainbow, since it was nominated and all. Not surprised that La Cage Aux Folles won. 
  • So...much...strobelight.... Oh, American Idiot. 
  • (And I just keep hearing Weird Al's parody of it, Canadian Idiot) 
  • I hate to admit it, but this does look kind of fun. 
  • Yay, Bernadette Peters presents. 
  • Huh, didn't see Memphis winning. 'Course, I didn't particularly care about any of the shows nominated, so there you go.

No comments: