Sunday, February 28, 2010

Music Meme

And to close out February, a Music Meme:
1. Put your music player/iPod in shuffle. Pick 10 songs (or as much as you want).
2. For each song. associate a fandom's characters/pairings/settings/whatever with that song. Or, think of two characters from different fandoms, let them meet, and that song you got will be sort of the theme for it. Got it?
I like this meme because this is something I do all the time anyway.

1. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - Like Zis/Like Zat
I actually had the thought a while ago that this song made me think of Dr. Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb, mostly because of the accent, but also because, for a self-admittedly not very handsome character, he seems to have his share of romantic entanglements. They don't tend to last, but he somehow charms the ladies enough to at least go out with him.

2. Shrek the Musical - Who I'd Be
This could work with a slightly (but only slightly) OOC Grizzle, if he ever let anyone know about secretly wanting to be a Care Bear (as mentioned in an interview a while back). Maybe for some reason he gets stuck somewhere with Share (she seems like the one who'd be able to get him to confide that kind of thing) and while they wait for the others to rescue them, this song ensues.

3. Shrek the Musical - Make a Move
Lately I've been thinking of this song as working for a certain OC of mine and Brent from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Normally I wouldn't bring OCs into this kind of meme, but that's all I can think of right now. I'm not sure who would be singing the song, actually, since it's being sung to the characters. Not Flint, that's for sure.

4. The Scarlet Pimpernel - Falcon in the Dive
For years and years now, this has one has always made me think of Ken as the Digimon Kaiser from Digimon 02, chasing after the Digi-destined. But it also works well for Ranban from Space Pirate Mito, so much so that I made the image at the top of this post back in the day. I made a bunch of those, just random anime screenshots with fitting lyrics from musicals, to be my sig (with a random image tag) on Gaia Online. If you want to see more, just click here. And then come back and click again.

5. Ruthless! - It Will Never Be That Way Again
This is another one that makes me think of Ken from Digimon 02, most likely because that's what was out when I first heard this OCR. It doesn't even really work for him, but it kind of fits for when he gave up the real world to live in the Digiworld 24/7. But still, not really.

6. Closer Than Ever - What Am I Doin'?
This one kind of makes me think of Stan from South Park during the ep "Raisins," when he went Goth because Wendy dumped him. Although this song would be for the part before that happened.

7. The Scarlet Pimpernel - The Riddle
This is another one that comes with a preconceived fandom connnection. When I was really into Codename: Kids Next Door, this song made me think of Cree being enticed to either join the Adults (by Father) or the Teens (by Chad). It's that kind of song.

8. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - Chimp in a Suit
This one usually reminds me of my novel from NaNoWriMo a couple years past, which involved these little creatures being raised in various circumstances (it's a long story), and one of them was taken in by a rich and rather senile old woman, who was convinced it was her granddaughter. Anyway, this song would be from the servants' POV, not entirely happy with their mistress' delusion, but going along with it anyway.

9. The Scarlet Pimpernel - When I Look At You
*laughs* While there have been a number of OCs I set this song up with, most recently it makes me think of Brent, singing it to himself when he's all bummed out about his position in the town being replaced by Flint. It doesn't entirely fit, but it amuses me way too much not to mention.

10. Tom Lehrer - The Hunting Song
Jimbo from South Park. That is all.


Sheesh, there wasn't that much variety. My shuffle was absolute fail this time, I swear. I was hoping that some of the non-Broadway songs I have on my ipod would sneak in, but until the end, no dice.

No comments: