Okay, I was going to do a straightforwardish review of Oopsy Does It, but I knew it would end up as a "Grizzle was awesome here" fest. So I'm going to get that out of the way first. In semi-chronological order, the awesome stuff Grizzle does in Oopsy Does It:
1. His opening monologue A lot of what I love about Grizzle has to do with his voice. I'm still not entirely sure who does him (I'm guessing Mark Oliver), but I love the characterization he gives here. At times a menacing growl, a condescending sweet talk, booming showmanship, and so much maniacal laughter (but more on that later).
2. Being mean to Wingnut I'm sorry, but a lot of his best lines come out when he's abusing his sole minion: "Do we need to have that little talk again?" (one can only imagine what "the talk" entails, but just the threat of it is enough to make Wingnut fall apart) "You know I don't speak toaster!" "What? He swallowed it?" "I loosened it."
3. Having amusing lines in general: "One that will put an end to those Care Bears for good! (pause) Or, well, for bad. But it'll be good for me." (When Oopsy points out that he's tall) "Of course I'm tall! Taller than you." "A Care Bear? In my lair?" (Why this didn't turn into a song, I have no clue. It would have been great!) "No, I'm not. I'm looking at your Care Bear bottom!" "The rainbow! I must have it!" "Seriously, you have no idea how good this is going to feel." "I think the belly badges and I will be leaving now." "Yes, yes, I know. I'm a little bear."
4. Eating a sandwich Okay, he doesn't really eat it, and he loves the sweet pickles. But the reason that I included this is because it validates my hunch that his midnight snack in episode two of Adventures in Care-a-lot (King Grumpy) was a sandwich. And I just love how, when he spots Oopsy, he first looks at his sandwich, and then at Oopsy, and then tosses the sandwich away, apparently deciding that being menacing is more important than being full.
5. That "twinkle toes" move when he's about to take advantage of Oopsy's naivete And his whole posturing in general during this scene. So sneaky, so fake.
11. Not even trying to hide his maniacal laughter It's true. He goes at it even when the good guys are hanging around, and even when they're asleep!
12. Meeting Cheer Slightly suave, a little naughty ("Careful, he squirts oil.")
13. Filling in Cheer and Oopsy on his plan The smug superiority is what makes it.
14. His suit being slightly autonomous This surprised me, for some reason, even though I saw it dancing with him during Grizzle's Bad. But then, during that part, Grizzle had a deep voice, which he doesn't here, so who's to say?