Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Image from The Lorax

As you may or may not know, the same folks responsible for this past summer's Despicable Me are working on a film version of The Lorax, and they recently released an image from the upcoming film, seen above.  Now is it just me, or does that seem to be a female version of Pontoffel Pock?  Seriously, the hair, the upturned nose, the same friggin shirt.  There isn't any word on who this character is yet (the movie doesn't come out until next May), but a first look from USA Today points toward her being a character named Audrey.   As far as I'm concerned, she's the daughter of Pontofel and Neepha Pheepha (apparently, that's how her name is spelled), though I doubt this will be brought up in the movie.

1 comment:

Kim J said...

I had the same thougt when I saw this image she dose look alot like a female version of Pontoffel Pock I wonder if the character designer ment to do that?